ACLS Instructor Prerequisites / Course Details
Thank you for your interest in American Heart Association ACLS Instructor Training with CPR Tacoma. Feel free to call our staff 8:30am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday with any questions you might have (206-504-3280 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Prerequisites for ACLS Instructor Training
Instructor must be aligned with an American Heart Association Training Center. CPR Tacoma welcomes new ACLS instructors to align with us. Please give our staff a call for further details at 206-504-3280, or log on to the AHA Instructor Network and select CPR Tacoma as your Training Center.
Instructor must hold a current 2015 guidelines ACLS certification card.
- Be licensed or certified in a healthcare occupation in which ACLS skills are within the scope of the candidates' practice.
A CPR Tacoma Training Center Faculty must monitor instructor candidates teaching an actual ACLS class before receiving an instructor card. Candidates must enroll in a ACLS Course Monitoring Class within 6 months of their instructor course. If the candidate does not complete the course monitoring session within 6 months of completing the instructor training, the instructor course must be taken again.
Required Teaching Materials
Please contact CPR Tacoma to order your materials (206-504-3280, email@example.com).
- ACLS Instructor Package 15-1006 (ACLS Instructor Manual 15-1003, ACLS Provider Manual 15-1005, ACLS Course Video 15-1004, ACLS Poster Set 15-1042, ACLS Emergency Crash Cart Cards 15-1008)
Items can also be purchased individually:
- ACLS Provider Manual 15-1005
- ACLS Instructor Manual 15-1003
- ACLS Course Video 15-1004
- ACLS Poster Set 15-1042
- ACLS Emergency Crash Cart Cards 15-1008